Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Welcoming animal maws of all shapes and sizes to share their thoughts and pictures.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Camels?  (Read 13749 times)

Pages: [1]
Print
*keera514

on: July 27, 2007, 06:11:24 AM Camels?

Does anyone have pictures of camels? I find them awesome, but can't seem to obtain any pictures of their mouths. I would be greatful to get one. ^_^
*****Rodent

Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 03:23:13 AM Re: Camels?

• Administrator
You can't imagine how long I've tried to get a picture of a camel yawning, when going to zoos.  The worst was when I finally saw one, but the camel was facing away from me and all I could see was the top of his muzzle spreading wide apart from the bottom.

However,  I was finally able to get a picture of a yawn.  I was intending to include it in my next update, but seeing as I haven't found the time to actually do that update, I'll upload them here for you now.  I wish they were more close up, but it's the best I have.

Enjoy.
Rodent

* RZoo_CamelYawn_050709-05.jpg (217.41 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1078 times.)

* RZoo_CamelYawn_050709-09.jpg (211.98 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 1088 times.)

When you can't be number one, make the one ahead of you break the record.

*keera514

Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 04:30:28 AM Re: Camels?

Thank you very much! They're very good pictures. ^_^ Cheesy
*donk3ysmile

Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 08:31:16 AM Re: Camels?

wow!  those are great pictures! 
*****Rodent

Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 01:56:50 PM Re: Camels?

• Administrator
wow!  those are great pictures! 

*smiles*  Thanks.  I keep trying for more camel yawns, but they're difficult to get.  I've waited by camel enclosures at the zoo for 30 minutes several times and never saw a single yawn.  They are definitely not like big cats.  *laughs*

The other problem of course, is that I've seen even better yawns, but only when the camel was facing away from the camera.  Another problem with zoos is that you're generally limited on what angles you can see the animals from, and often miss good yawn shots because of this.  But, I keep trying. Smiley

When you can't be number one, make the one ahead of you break the record.

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: