Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Welcoming animal maws of all shapes and sizes to share their thoughts and pictures.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Hey  (Read 10577 times)

Pages: [1]
Print
*TZeaux

on: April 17, 2008, 07:42:42 PM Hey

The cover of the August 1990 issue of American Hunter has an AWESOME frontal pic of a grizzly with his/her mouth wide open!  Whether he/she is yawning, snarling, or bellowing I dunno.  But that pic lasted me for years until I finally got online.  Anyway, tongue, teeth, saliva, and the blackness beyond made this pic amongst my faves of all time, certainly rivalling all of the beautiful pix in Rodent's awesome collection!  Unfortunately, I have no way to scan it, and the pic is nearly 18 years old and partially tattered.  This is a FYI post, for those with the resources available to track down the pic.
*****Rodent

Reply #1 on: April 18, 2008, 01:33:13 PM Re: Hey

• Administrator
Heh.  That sounds awesome.  I'll definitely have to see if I can find a pic of that.  Bears offer some of the most impressive maw shots, especially when they're wet with saliva.  Smiley

It's always amazing, what resources we were limited to before the interent.  Years of National Geographic subscriptions in our house was what kept me going while growing up.  I can only imagine how many pics were in other magazines that are still out there somewhere.  Grin

Thanks for the info.

When you can't be number one, make the one ahead of you break the record.

**BlackHawk_848

Reply #2 on: April 22, 2008, 11:38:45 PM Re: Hey

Hey found the picture! Unfornutely, the cover shot has somehow been right-click disabled. So you can only look at this link, but I'll try to find another right-clickable link.

http://www.tias.com/11384/PictPage/1922569077.html

It is a pretty good pic.

I used to march to my own drummer, but he quit the job........

*****Rodent

Reply #3 on: April 23, 2008, 03:13:20 AM Re: Hey

• Administrator
Nice find with the picture. Smiley
A shame it's as small as it is, but still awesome to see such a picture on the cover of a magazine.

As for right-clicking, what you need to do is right-click and hold down the button.  While the message is up about bookmarking the page, click on the spacebar.  That will click the OK button.  Then you can release the right-mouse button to activate the normal menu that allows you to save images.  In this case, the same popup shows about bookmarking the page, but if you click the spacebar again to close that windown, the normal right-click menu then appears.

*TZeaux

Reply #4 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:22 AM Re: Hey

Hehe yeah, now imagine the pic at 8x11 or whatever the size was originally.  On my pic, I have it folded back to obscure the words, hence the tattering.  Most of my stuff from the 80s-90s is on videotape, like the monster under Jabba's palace in Return of the Jedi chowing down and various feeding shots from animal documentaries on PBS. 

Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 07:31:22 AM by TZeaux

*TZeaux

Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:29:47 AM Re: Hey

Hehe thank you so much BlackHawk_848 for finding the magazine again!  For sale no less!  I bought it from Joe's Paper Shack just now!  My original was acquired from a doctor's office waiting room in either 1990 or 1991.
*TZeaux

Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 03:40:21 AM Re: Hey

Hey found the picture! Unfornutely, the cover shot has somehow been right-click disabled. So you can only look at this link, but I'll try to find another right-clickable link.

It is a pretty good pic.

Err, I guess I bought their only copy cuz the mag's been taken off of display on this website.  Or maybe others in the 116 views of this thread bought copies too.  Whatever the case, the above URL is a dead link now.  :/
*****Rodent

Reply #7 on: May 02, 2008, 12:19:56 PM Re: Hey

• Administrator

It is a pretty good pic.

Err, I guess I bought their only copy cuz the mag's been taken off of display on this website.  Or maybe others in the 116 views of this thread bought copies too.  Whatever the case, the above URL is a dead link now.  :/

Heh.   After seeing the link, I was wondering just how many copies they may actually have.  It would be funny if they had like 10 copies and all of them sold within a couple of days, leaving them wondering what was in the issue that caused the sudden demand.

I didn't grab a copy myself, but I'm glad that you were able to.  I'd have felt guilty if I took the only copy, keeping the person who wanted it the most from getting it. Smiley

If you happen to be able to scan the cover, be sure to post it up. Smiley

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: