Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Welcoming animal maws of all shapes and sizes to share their thoughts and pictures.

Login with username, password and session length

Topic: Just a thought  (Read 7406 times)

Pages: [1]
Print
*Krono

on: December 24, 2008, 09:49:58 AM Just a thought

Wouldn't it be better to add a feature to the site where the user can upload his/her own photo? Of course the user would have to select what category it would go under and whatnot, and there may be the issue of duplicate photo's showing up, but it seems to me that it might be a more efficient way of keeping the site "fresh" for the user. Maybe just screen each photo before it gets uploaded.  Wink

Last Edit: December 24, 2008, 09:51:35 AM by Krono

*****Rodent

Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 04:00:30 PM Re: Just a thought

• Administrator
Unfortunately, the gallery itself is coded via simple, HTML frames and links, where every picture is manually added in.  There is no automation functionality in place, so there's no way to just add in such a feature without an entire rewrite of page.   This is why I have the Submissions section to this Forum, where people can upload their own pictures if they wish.

Personally, I despise these php Forum Galleries, as they are far too limiting in the format with which images can be displayed, always having the same, impersonal feel to them that you now see in 95% of the galleries out there.  The only advantage they offer, is they make it relatively easy to delete any Spam that's uploaded.

I'd love to have a way to make it all easier, while maintaining the more unique layout of the main page, but I've seen nothing out there that comes close, and I don't have the time to work on actual updates lately, let alone figure out how to write such an application myself. Sad

When you can't be number one, make the one ahead of you break the record.

**BlackHawk_848

Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 02:22:53 AM Re: Just a thought

Darn. Oh well! Just make sure to update soon, okay?  Smiley

I used to march to my own drummer, but he quit the job........

Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: